The creators of Boston's down:2:earth expo want to help consumers incorporate eco-conscious products and actions into their lives. From April 9 through 11 at the Hynes Convention Center, the Green Living Festival will showcase Earth-friendly wares and activities.
Since conservation is a cornerstone in the Aquarium's mission, the Harbor View Cafe will participate in a preview party on April 9 called Local Bites to discuss sustainable seafoods. Guests can see cooking demonstrations and sample dishes from local restaurants, all while helping the Aquarium. A portion of the evening's proceeds will benefit the Sustainable Seafood Programs. Visit the Aquarium's booth on Saturday or Sunday to enter to win a harbor seal training session or a behind-the-scenes tour.
Tickets and expo information are available online.
The Aquarium encourages people all over the world to modify their everyday activities in an effort to protect our oceans. The Sustainable Seafood Programs promote ocean-friendly seafood and responsible management of fisheries resources. The live blue initiative promotes tips such as taking public transportation and using energy-efficient light bulbs and appliances.
Aquarium News and Updates
Bookmark and Share
Display press releases
Hi-res photo collection
Members can use this form to sign up for the exclusive SeaMail e-newsletter.
Sign up for email updates
- ► 2015 (80)
- ► 2014 (76)
- ► 2013 (103)
- ► 2012 (85)
- ► 2011 (65)
- North Atlantic right whales switched at birth!
- Dive 'Under the Sea' in IMAX 3D!
- Special deal for Aquarium member moms!
- Rock your Earth Day!
- Aquarium researchers quoted in the 'New York Times...
- 'Hubble 3D' is now playing!
- 'Hubble 3D' soaring with positive reviews!
- April means clownfish and clowns
- d2e supporting Aquarium programs
- Show the world how you live blue!
- See Avatar on the largest screen in New England!
- Saving right whales
- Have you caught 'The Ultimate Wave' yet?
- Sharks and their Winter Whereabouts
- ▼ March (14)
- ► 2009 (18)