New England Aquarium
Sunday, May 4, 2014
11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
The Aquarium is organizing an outdoor festival with a group of young whale scientists from Adams Elementary School in Castine, Maine. The students call themselves the Calvineers after a famous right whale orphan named Calvin.
This exciting festival will give families an opportunity to learn about North Atlantic right whales, meet right whale scientists and participate in fun activities and learn about whale conservation. You'll also be able to see what right whales eat and what they sound like, go through a right whale obstacle course and test your right whale knowledge in a trivia game!
The Festival will take place at the New England Aquarium's Harbor View Terrace Tent, rain or shine. The event is free to the public; Aquarium admission is not included.
Organizations represented include:
- New England Aquarium
- The Calvineers (video presentation)
- Audubon Society of RI
- Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary
- NOAA Fisheries Northeast Regional Office
- New Bedford Whaling Museum
- Whales and Dolphin Conservation
- Irving Oil
- Parks Lab
- Massachusetts Environmental Trust, Center for Coastal Studies
- Peter Stone (author/artist)
- NOAA Northeast Fisheries Science Center
- Boston Harbor Cruises
- Integrated Systems Solutions, Inc.
- The Aquraium's very own Right Whale Research Department and Marine Stress Research program