|A diver feeds a Southern stingray|
Photo: Greg Derr / The Patriot Ledger
- Board chairman Bill Burgess and Aquarium president Bud Ris spoke to Emily Rooney of WGBH's Greater Boston. Here's a look.
- Channel 5's Chronicle program caught many different stages of the construction project.
- The Patriot Ledger visited to snap some stunning pictures of a feeding in the big tank.
- The Giant Ocean Tank and our bonnethead sharks were on the front page of The Boston Globe on Sunday, complete with additional videos, infographics and pictures online!
- Boston.com also featured our photos in its photo gallery.
- Meghna Chakrabarti and Anthony Brooks of WBUR's Radio Boston came to see the exhibit and speak with Bud and Aquarium CFO Walter Flaherty. Hear the story.
- The Boston Herald shared pictures and video from the grand reopening of the top of the Giant Ocean Tank with Boston Mayor Menino.
- WBZ Radio was also on hand to hear Aquarium president Bud Ris say some words at the event.
- NECN Morning Show showcased the Aquarium's many improvements over the past several years in a special segment about fun in summer!
- The Boston Metro had a picture of the new reef from the top of the tank on its front cover.
- Boston Magazine featured the time-lapse video of the 10 months of construction in 1 minute.
- The New York Times' In Transit blog details many of the exhibit's new features
|A diver swims with Myrte the sea turtle at the top of the Giant Ocean Tank|
Photo: David Ryan | The Boston Globe
|L to R: Aquarium CFO Walter Flaherty,|
Boston Mayor Thomas Menino,
Aquarium President Bud Ris
Now, as exciting as it is to see the Aquarium and its new exhibits in the limelight, it doesn't compare to seeing the Giant Ocean Tank and its 2,000 residents in person. Come on by! It's easier than ever to visit with timed ticketing these days. Choose the day and time that you'd like to visit and buy your tickets in advance.