From Lauren Margaret Alberini via facebook. Caption: I took my 8 month old daughter to her first of many trips to the New England Aquarium with my best friend and they were both absolutely enthused! Truly wonderful! Thank you!
In fact, it's so much fun here on Central Wharf that you probably won't be alone. We want to make sure you're in the door and having fun as soon as possible. Here are some ways to make the most of your visit during the very busy school vacation periods:
- Skip the line and buy online! Buy tickets online so you can skip the line at the Aquarium and start touching sharks and rays. Better yet, consider a membership so you can come back again and again all year.
- Our special venues—like the Simons IMAX Theatre and Whale Watch—often sell out during vacation week. Pick up a combination ticket and save.
- Arrive early or later in the day to avoid peak times. Beat the crowds by arriving before 10:00 a.m. or after 3:30 p.m. We always recommend checking online for our hours of operation and special notices before setting out from home.
- Take public transportation. The Aquarium is right on the MBTA’s Blue Line, so taking the T is easy as well as affordable. If you do plan to drive in, check for local parking options.
- Leave the large stroller at home. The Aquarium bustles during school vacation week and large strollers are pretty difficult to navigate through the crowds. If possible, bring an umbrella stroller. If not, we ask that you check your stroller in our designated area by the Marine Mammal Center during your visit. (REMINDER: For safety, strollers of any size are prohibited in the IMAX Theatre and the touch tank area.)
- Find lots of options for food. The Aquarium's tasty Harbor View Cafe has something for pretty much everyone, but there are plenty of additional local food options.
- Yes, but what about... Take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions if you still have some unanswered questions.
From Michelle Jones Brown via Facebook. Caption: Here I am with Myrtle in 1973.
And there are plenty of other photo ops, too. Can you top these! Share your pictures and video with us on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Google + and flickr. Just be sure to tag the New England Aquarium.
Most importantly, have fun!
From Sherrie Lortie Rasetta via facebook Caption: Thanks for the fun at the Shark & Ray Touch Tank !!
From off-to-new-adventures via tumblr. Caption: Having a nice dream Baranov?
From vnatera via flickr
From @yasumoto via twitter. Caption: We found Nemo!