To the sailors of old and to Annie Aquarium!
Just in time for Memorial Day Weekend—the unofficial start of summer—the newest vessel in the Duck Tour fleet was christened Annie Aquarium today. The boat glowed a refreshing blue color as Aquarium president and CEO Bud Ris cracked a bottle of bubbly onto the front of the boat. Take a look!
Annie Aquarium (like N.E. Aquarium, get it? New England Aquarium?) is the newest boat in the Duck Tour fleet!
In keeping with maritime tradition, Bud broke a bottle of champagne on the bow of the duck with some support from our friendly shark character.
What beauties—the boat and the shark!
With her aqua colors and her fish and turtle designs, you can't miss Annie Aquarium.
Start your summer off with a bang...or better yet, a splash! Spend some time with the fish and sea turtles at the Aquarium, then look for Annie on Central Wharf and get to know Boston a little better. Beginning Friday, May 28, Duck Tours depart daily from Central Wharf starting at 3 p.m. Click here to find special savings when you purchase combo tickets for the Duck Tour and the New England Aquarium Whale Watch or the Simons IMAX Theatre. Happy summer!
(Pssst...This is an exciting weekend here at the Aquarium. Sea Rex 3D: Journey to a Prehistory World also debuts at the Simons IMAX Theatre this Friday!)
Aquarium News and Updates
Bookmark and Share
Display press releases
Hi-res photo collection
Members can use this form to sign up for the exclusive SeaMail e-newsletter.
Sign up for email updates
- ► 2015 (80)
- ► 2014 (76)
- ► 2013 (103)
- ► 2012 (85)
- ► 2011 (65)
- There's a party coming to our city!
- Be Bold: Board a Working Research Vessel!
- Before there were dinosaurs...
- Right Whales in a Toxic Situation
- A Toast to Annie Aquarium, the Newest Duck Boat in...
- Endangered Turtles Extend Their Stay
- Aquarium's Turtle Expertise In Demand
- Aquarium biologist helps herring. Again.
- The New England Aquarium and the Gulf of Mexico Oi...
- Dora Explores the Aquarium!
- Tribute to Mothers on the Greenway
- Celebrate World Oceans Day at the Aquarium!
- Of corals and canaries
- ▼ May (13)
- ► 2009 (18)