Sunday, June 5
11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Central Wharf, Boston
Enjoy hands-on, family-friendly activities, seafood cooking demos, tastings and more. And learn how you can help protect the oceans, too!
We hope that our visitors will be inspired by the variety of solutions already at work in our community and find new ways to join in.
Free and Open to the Public
The best part of World Oceans Day: All activities are free, open to the public and do not require Aquarium admission! NOTE: Aquarium admission is not included in the free activities.
Some of the fun activities include:
- Polar Beverages will be here with a recycling activity. Visitors will have the opportunity to make a planter out of a recycled soda can—complete with soil and seed.
- NOAA will offer a number of whale activities, focusing on Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary. Learn how to eat like whale, or try on the blubber glove to discover more about these charismatic megafauna.
- W2O will be discussing/raising awareness about Cashes Ledge and Sea Mounts, and the importance of protecting these rare marine habitats.
- Salem State University's Cat Cove Laboratory will be showcasing and discussing mussel aquaculture. Explore how these bivalves can provide good eats while also improving the water quality of our coastline.
- USCG Auxiliary will host a number of water safety activities—just in time for summer boating and beach going!
- Magic 106.7 will be blasting tunes and helping to promote Finding Dory, the newest in Disney's Finding Nemo series.
- Charles River Watershed Association will be showcasing their "watershed in a box" activity. Every wonder where all that rain, those streams and rivers run to? Find out the power of soil filtration as watersheds are discussed
We hope to see you here on Central Wharf June 5!
Duck Tour Contest Details
Our Duck Tour giveaway on Instagram is over. We've reached out to the winners via Instagram. The lucky winners will roll out this Sunday, June 5, at 10:40 am, 11:00 am, and 11:20 am. These shortened tours will start and end at the Aquarium plaza, so they'll be poised to take part in the engaging and educational activities lined up for our Oceans Day festivities.
Thanks to everyone who participated, love seeing how many people love the oceans!