A little blue penguin father at the New England Aquarium has something to crow about: He is helping to raise his first chick! Come behind the scenes and meet this little blue penguin chick, in all his adorable fluff. Paul, one of the chick's caregivers, tell us a little more about the chick in this video. Watch Paul weigh the chick, check it over to make sure it's growing big and strong and meet the proud papa!
And since it's Father's Day this weekend, we figured we would tell you a little bit about this chick's dad. As Paul mentioned in the video, his name is Munuwar, which is an Aboriginal name for little blue penguin. He is three years old and he came to us from the Taronga Zoo in Australia this past June. His partner, Carnac, is from the Aquarium's colony. She is six. And their baby? Well, we don't know its sex yet but it is 100 percent adorable. Take a look!
But wait, there's more to learn about penguins!
Aquarium News and Updates
Bookmark and Share
Display press releases
Hi-res photo collection
Members can use this form to sign up for the exclusive SeaMail e-newsletter.
Sign up for email updates
- ► 2015 (80)
- ► 2014 (76)
- Volunteer of the Month: June
- Volunteer Stories: Rescue and Rehabilitation Volun...
- Penguins Have Returned and Are Settling In
- Home again, home again, penguins return!
- Look for sharks on the small screen tonight!
- Happy Father's Day!
- One Penguin's Father's Day Family Story
- 2013 Ocean Stewardship Award Winners
- See super-sized great white sharks in 3D!
- Thursday Lecture Webcast - The Surprisingly Famili...
- ▼ June (10)
- ► 2012 (85)
- ► 2011 (65)
- ► 2010 (86)
- ► 2009 (18)