Sunday, June 911 a.m. — 4 p.m.
Here at the Aquarium, we like to think every day is oceans day. But there comes an occasion each year that we go all out and celebrate our blue planet. And that day is quickly approaching! Come learn how you can live blue™ and have some fun while you're at it with these activities!
- Seafood cooking demonstrations by chefs from the New England Aquarium, Beacon Hill Hotel and Bistro, City Landing and Turner Fisheries
- Live appearance by Radio Disney
- Ocean Mural making with artist Diana Lisanto
- Seaweed spectacular activity teaching how green plants help the ocean
- Microwilderness of the Boston Harbor Islands featuring bug cubes to teach children about the thousands of insects and arachnids around us all the time
- Oyster touch tank from Massachusetts Oyster Project
Plus, the event will feature these exciting giveaways!
- 3 (three) free Boston Duck Tours given away on the Aquarium's social networks before to the celebration. Thanks for everyone who participated! Make sure you like and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram and Google+ and for future giveaways!
- 2 (two) free 1-hour narrated Boston Harbor cruise tours provided by Boston Harbor Cruises, departing at 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. on June 9. Available on a first-come, first-served basis. Ask for your tickets at the Boston Harbor Cruises table in the tent behind the Aquarium during the World Oceans Day celebration. Boarding takes place a half-hour before the departure time.
The official media sponsor for World Oceans Day is: